Arthashastra and Neetishastra.
1) A person should not be too honest. Just as straight trees are chopped-down first, honest people are taken advantage of first.
2) An egoist can be won over by being respected, a crazy person can be won over by allowing him to behave in an insane manner and a wise person can be won over by truth.
3) Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it? What the results might be? And Will I be successful?
4) Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.
5) If you get to learn something even from the worst of creatures, donâ€™t hesitate.
6) The four greatest enemies of a man are - the father who has taken a loan, the characterless mother, the beautiful but promiscuous wife and the stupid child.
7) The worldâ€™s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.
8) There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth.
9) A woman is four times as shy, six times as brave and eight times as lusty as a man.
10) Prostitutes donâ€™t live in company of poor men, birds donâ€™t build nests on a tree that doesnâ€™t bear fruits and citizens never support a weak administration.